Bartlett Pear Muffins
Small nuggets of ripe pear are a surprise in either bite-sized or full size muffins. Wonderful with fresh pear butter! You can also use mini muffin pans and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes
Recipe created by: USA Pears
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup melted butter, cooled
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup diced Bartlett USA Pears (about 2 medium pears)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat together milk, beaten egg, butter, and lemon zest.
- Mix pears and nuts into flour mixture. Gently stir milk mixture into dry ingredients. Batter should be lumpy, not smooth. Do not over mix.
- Spray muffin pans with nonstick spray. Fill muffin cups ⅔ full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until tops are browned. Remove from pan immediately and serve warm.