Sweet Cherry Sorbet
This delicious summer treat is perfect for backyard barbecues, a relaxing evening by the pool or other fun gatherings. Made from fresh Dark Sweet cherries, this dessert contains minimal ingredients and can easily be prepared by your family together!
YIELD: 4 servings
Recipe created by: Northwest Cherries
- 4 cups fresh Dark Sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup club soda
- Puree cherries, sugar and lemon juice in food processor or blender.
- Pour mixture into a 2-quart saucepan; bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes. Cool thoroughly and stir in club soda.
- Pour into shallow 8-inch baking pan; freeze 1-1/2 hours or until edges are solid, but center is slushy. Spoon frozen mixture into food processor or blender; process to a coarse texture. Repeat step 3 after 1-1/2 hours. Freeze 6 hours or longer.
- preparation time takes 20 minutes to prepare mixture and mixture freezes for a total of 8 to 9 hours.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving:
- 204 Cal., 2 g pro., 13 g fat (6% Cal from fat), 50 g carb, 0 mg chol., 2 g fiber, 12 mg sodium.