Washington Apple Turkey Gyro
The flavorful onion, lemon, bell pepper, and apple mixture gives this classic Greek dish a healthy twist the whole family will enjoy.
Recipe provided by: PVM
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet red pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet green pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 pound cooked turkey breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 Cosmic Crisp® apple, cored and finely chopped
- 6 pocket pita bread, warmed
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, thinned slightly for drizzling
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, peppers, and lemon juice and cook until tender-crisp.
- Stir in turkey and apple; cook until turkey is heated through.
- Remove from heat.
- Fill each pita with some of mixture; drizzle with yogurt.
- Serve warm.