Pear Ginger Smoothie
If your standard glass of morning OJ is getting old, it’s time to mix it up a bit! Our Pear Ginger Smoothie has a delicious blend of pear, orange, kiwi, zingy ginger and a little fresh mint to brighten up your day. Not only is this smoothie refreshing, but it delivers a glassful of fruit fiber and antioxidants to keep your immune system humming. Try adding a handful of spinach to make it a green smoothie, or 1/2 cup of shredded carrots to up the nutritional value.
YIELD: 2 servings
Recipe created by: Meg Raines
- 1 large Bartlett pear, cored and sliced
- 1 medium orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger, or to taste
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (or substitute a banana for a dairy-free option)
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds (or substitute flax or chia seeds)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup water, or as needed
- 1/2 cup of ice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth. Add more water or ice as needed for your desired consistency.
- Serve immediately.